Thursday, September 25, 2014

Another Shadow Box

Two days and two posts, what's going on!?!
Inspiration is the key. I love to get new products as I find that I get excited and and my brain starts to click with ideas. This was the case when I got the shadow boxes from craftycutting.com.  I could see so many possibilities.  Yesterdays post showed a Halloween scene, whereas today I have a very different scene.


For this project I wanted to test just how sturdy the boxes were. I love to use glue, paint and texture paste in my projects. I glued book pages all over the frame as a background. I then applied a thin layer of white gesso over the top. On top of this layer I added texture paste and additional paper. The next step was to add lots of paint in different colours. Next I cut some house shapes from page strengthened sheets and covered these in paper and fabric. The tree stems and the grass mound in front of the frame were also cut from strength tenders, have I told you just how much I love this product? Some corrugated paper made up the paths and white paper for the clouds. The houses, trees and clouds were added with the wording added to finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to receive comments on my work. Thanks for joining me.
Karen